Foreign citizens and Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship who completed secondary school abroad may enrol
in the fi rst year of study at the University of Ljubljana if they meet the following requirements:
- completed four-year secondary school,
- completed procedure for the recognition of foreign secondary education certificates and the obtained decision on the recognition of foreign education for the purpose of continued studies in university or higher education professional study programmes,
- successful result on the test of artistic ability and psycho-physical capacity for enrolment in those study programmes requiring such a test.
- Knowledge of the Slovenian language.To enrol in study programmes of the Academy for Theatre, Radio, Film and Television (AGRFT), journalism at the Faculty Social Sciences (FDV) and the Slovenianlanguage programme at the Faculty of Arts of language programme at the Faculty of Arts(FF) candidates must pass the Slovenian language examination before enrolling in the first year. If enrolling in other study programmes at the University of Ljubljana, the candidates must pass the Slovenian language examination before enrollong in the second year.
Copies of certifi cates and other documents which candidates must send to the Higher Education Application Information Service of the University of Ljubljana as evidence of the fulfi lment of the enrolment requirements
in the application-admission procedure are:
- notarised final certificate of a four year secondary school. This may be a matura certificate, a vocational matura
- certificate, a final examination certificate, a secondary school diploma, or International Baccalaureate (IB).
- notarised transcripts for the last two years of completed secondary school recording the general academic performance for individual years,
- decision on the recognition of foreign education for the purpose of continued studies or a decision on nostrifi cation.
The procedure for recognition of education of foreign secondary school certificates for continued studies at the University of Ljubljana should be performed by the candidate’s authorised person,
- identification document. Acceptable identification documents include notarised copies of birth certificates, passports,
- personal identity cards or certificates of citizenship,
- certificate indicating that the candidate has passed the Examination in Intermediate Level Slovenian issued by the Centre for Slovenian as a Second/Foreign Language at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana.
All certificates, except bilingual ones, must be translated into Slovenian by a court translator. Candidates should notsend any original copies of certificates, only notarised copies.