- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
- ACADEMY OF MUSIC
- ACADEMY OF THEATRE, RADIO, FILM AND TELEVISION
- BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY
- FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- FACULTY OF CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF CIVIL AND GEODETIC ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF MARTIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT
- FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
- FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- FACULTY OF SPORT
- FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
- VETERINARY FACULTY
You can apply to the University of Ljubljana as an exchange student for one or two semesters in case your home university is a partner university of University of Ljubljana.
Application procedure for exchange students
1. ERASMUS: Your home university should first nominate you to the Office of International Relations of the University of Ljubljana. The nominations should be sent to
OTHERS: Your home university should nominate you to the international office of the relevant faculty of the University of Ljubljana.
2. After your home university has nominated you to study at the University of Ljubljana as an exchange student, you should fill in an online application. There is no need to send a paper copy of the application.
3. At the end of the online application you will find the necessary documents to upload to your application: Transcript of Records (of your home university), Learning Agreement and Language Certificate. Your application is complete and will be processed only after you have followed all the steps of the application system and entered all the required information.
4. After we have received your application and your host department has approved your application, we will send you an Acceptance letter and information on living and studying in Ljubljana.
- 15 May for the winter semester/full academic year
- 15 November for the summer semester
Academic calendar 2016-2017
Semester 1/winter semester: 3 October 2016 - 24 January 2017
Winter Examination period: 25 January 2017 - 17 February 2017
Semester 2/summer semester: 20 February 2017 - 9 June 2017
Summer Examination period: 12 June 2017 – 14 July 2017
Autumn Examination period: 21 August 2017 – 15 September 2017
Lectures free period: 31 October – 1 November 2016, 26 December 2016 - 1 January 2017, 17 April 2017, 27 April 2017 – 2 May 2017
Please note that faculties are allowed to change/adjust the academic calendar according to their internal processes! So consult also the faculty web page for more information on this.
UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA GRADING SYSTEM
excellent: exceptional results with negligible faults
very good: outstanding knowledge but showing some faults
very good: solid results
good: good knowledge but showing some major faults
adequate: knowledge meeting minimum criteria
inadequate: knowledge not meeting minimum criteria
A candidate successfully completes an exam if he/she receives a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Performance at exams in doctoral studies can also be evaluated with the following grades:
passed with distinction.
The specific methods of assessing performance in exams in doctoral studies are set out in the respective doctoral study programmes.
1 full academic year = 60 credits
1 semester = 30 credits
The University of Ljubljana offers instruction in the following languages: Slovenian and English.
The University of Ljubljana requires that the student has very good language skills (very good knowledge in reading, writing and speaking of the language) in at least one of the two languages in order to be able to study here.
Please note that fluent language skills in Slovenian (or English) are vital for successful studies at the University of Ljubljana. If the language requirements are not met, the University of Ljubljana will not accept you.
Required Language Skills
Students must present a language certificate of their Slovene or English language skills. Very good language skills refer to level B2 on the CEFR scale of the European Language Portfolio Levels.
How to prove the language skills in Slovene or English
- Language skills are listed on the Transcript of Records of the home university; or
- Submit the Language Certificate with CEFR scale; or
- Submit TOEFL score of 79 (IBT) or IELTS score of 6 for English
Student dormitories (ERASMUS)
Erasmus students can apply for a bed in student dormitories. Beds are given to students on “first come first serve” basis. The rooms are double, with shared bathroom and shared kitchen. The access to internet is available in all the dormitories. The price of the room depends on the type of the apartment and size of the room. The average price per person per month in a double room is 80-90 EUR.
HOW TO APPLY: fill in the Information on Housing in the online application by 15 May (first semester/full year) or 15 November (second semester) - "first come first serve" basis applies to online application!
The Student Organization of the University of Ljubljana will help you find private accommodation after your arrival to Ljubljana. Before your departure you should book yourself a hostel for the first few nights. After the arrival, visit the International Office of the Student Organization (Pivovarniška 6, office hours MON, TUE, THUR: 12 am – 3 pm) or contact them by e-mail:
Use HousingAnywhere platform to rent out your room to an incoming exchange student and get a room in Ljubljana.
Slovene language course for ERASMUS+ students
What: 60 hours course, 3 ECTS
When: 30 January - 17 February 2017 - Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm
Where: Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, Ljubljana
Application deadline: 1 December 2016 (places are limited)
Price: 75€ (textbook included in the price)
Application form and more information: http://centerslo.si/en/courses-for-adults/courses/erasmus
- Erasmus Coordinators
- Student dormitories
- Student organization
- Student meals
- Center for Slovene - Slovene language courses
- Information on Residence permit: http://www.infotujci.si/; http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/
- City Public Transport
- Slovenian National Agency for EU Programs
- European Commission - Erasmus+
- Everything about Erasmus in Ljubljana (video)