- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
- ACADEMY OF MUSIC
- ACADEMY OF THEATRE, RADIO, FILM AND TELEVISION
- BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY
- FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- FACULTY OF CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF CIVIL AND GEODETIC ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF MARTIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT
- FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
- FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- FACULTY OF SPORT
- FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
- VETERINARY FACULTY
Publish Date: 16.01.2017
Category: News from the University
The Rector’s Award competition for the best innovation at the University of Ljubljana, organised by the University of Ljubljana and the Ljubljana University Incubator, is an incentive for students and employees at the University to place their innovations on the market, thus commercialising their ideas. This year’s award competition is already open, oriented to anyone with a technological or non-technological innovation or an innovative entrepreneurial idea. Applications may be submitted by teams in which the team leader is a student or alumni (up to 3 years following graduation), a researcher or a professor at the University of Ljubljana.
All innovations will receive aid in preparing a business model and information on the protection of intellectual property. By applying their innovations, teams can also get an assessment of the commercial potential of their idea, support in development and market penetration, assistance in obtaining financial sources and access to investors and economists.
Consultations and workshops will be held in the last week of February and the first three weeks of March. Competitors will receive detailed information about the workshops by email or on the LUI website.
In April, the University Rector will present a cash prize of €3,000 to the best of the three super finalists, €2,000 to the runner-up and €1,000 to the third super finalist. All three super finalists will also receive intensive consulting from top experts in innovation marketing and mentorship.
Applications will be collected until the deadline of Friday, 17 February 2017, i.e. by 11:59 p.m. The Ljubljana University Incubator is collecting the applications for the University of Ljubljana. Apply your own innovation by submitting the application form. More information and the General Terms of the competition may be found here.
- Until 17 February 2017: Deadline for the submission of applications
- 20 February to 10 March 2017: Workshops relating to market development, innovation presentation and protection of intellectual property:
- 13 to 24 March 2017: Individual counselling sessions
- 27 to 31 March 2017: Presentation before a shortlisted panel of experts
- 3 to 7 April 2017: Additional training for finalists
- 13 April 2017: Presentation of finalists before an extended panel (mentors from the wider economy, investors, start-up entrepreneurs, representatives of state institutions)
- 20 April 2017 at 5 p.m.: Announcement of winners and presentation of awards at the University of Ljubljana