- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
- ACADEMY OF MUSIC
- ACADEMY OF THEATRE, RADIO, FILM AND TELEVISION
- BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY
- FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- FACULTY OF CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF CIVIL AND GEODETIC ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF MARTIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT
- FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
- FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- FACULTY OF SPORT
- FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
- VETERINARY FACULTY
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Sport
The faculty offers research and counselling in economics and business science, education and training, student resource management. It cooperates closely with partners from industry, economy and services in economics and business, both at home and abroad, and offers services in the following areas:
- ; contact: Andreja Basle (, 01 589 27 49).
- Research and counselling in the framework of 14 research institutes and the umbrella Research Centre of the Faculty of Economics; contact: Tadeja Žabkar (, 01 589 28 05).
- Career services CERŠ.
- Career centre of the Faculty of Economics, provides also services for the firms in human resource management; contact: Andreja Ščančar (, 01 589 28 25).
- Project work with students, cooperation in diploma and master theses, doctoral dissertations, and other assignments, hosting guests from industry, business cases and other forms of inclusion of business practice in educational process is coordinated by the Faculty of Economics Quality Assurance Office; contact: Smiljana Zajec (, 01 589 24 46).
The faculty educates excellent law experts and provides for development of law science and for the Slovenian law in general. The employees and the students are involved in the legal and social processes as follows:
- Cooperation in preparation of legislation with in-depth and broad knowledge of specific areas for professional formation of legislation;
- Cooperation in professional meetings with the purpose of expert trainings in various areas and with the purpose of exchange of opinions (cooperation with the centre for education in justice and with the advocate and notary chambers);
- Research and counselling in the framework of 7 institutes within the faculty or connected to the faculty;
- Commenting and explaining of legal questions in mass media.
The connections with the environment is exhibited through cooperation in international and home competitions of law students, organization of law clinics (exp. for refugees, for environment), various excursions for students, hosting home and foreign experts in different disciplines, and through presentations of different law professions.
Contact: Nevenka Mehle ().
The faculty prides itself with the longest tradition of scientific research and education in social sciences in Slovenia, and is one of the largest social sciences faculties in Europe. The broad range of knowledge, transferred within professional training courses, provided for all who wish to remain successful on the competitive market is extremely varied; the professors are leading in their areas of expertise. Good quality practical training is provided for different professional profiles in communication science, management, political science, culturology, and foreign languages.
Knowledge is transferred also through the Institute of Social Sciences - basic and applied research programmes, post-doctoral, international, EU, market projects. Important consumers of research are ministries and service firms.
In education, the faculty is cooperating with partners from economy and other organizations. Experts from practice are included in education as hosted experts for provision of lectures, practical training, projects, research, and recruitment of students. Practical training is a part of education for the purpose of forming students' creativity, competences, and better use of acquired knowledge. It also serves as a platform for interaction between the university and firms, as well as other organizations.
The faculty cooperates with the economy and service sector also through the Alumni club with the hosting lecturers of graduates and other experts from practice.
The Career centre offers professional work to students in order to provide practical environment for testing their theoretical knowledge and for obtaining experience and social competences.
- ; contact: Tatjana Zajc ().
- Research and counselling in the framework of 21 research centres at the Institute of Social Sciences; contact: Maja Bučar ().
- Project work with students, cooperation in diploma and master theses, doctoral dissertations, and other assignments, hosting guests from industry, business cases and other forms of inclusion of business practice in educational process.
- Career centre offers work and practical training for students, in the future it will offer complete career services; contact: Mojca Mole Vrečar ().
Faculty of Education performs basic and applied research projects., targeted research projects and since 2003 also research programmes in social sciences and humanities. The wide variety of activity areas is evident from the projects and activities of all the research centres and institutes of the faculty:
- Institute of scientific research
- Centre for study of educational policies (CEPS), International centre for study of educational policies of the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Education (m-CEPS),
- Centre for further education and training (CNIU),
- Centre for research and promotion of talents (CRSN),
- Centre for discreet mathematics of the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Education (CDM UL PeF).
In addition to the centres and institutes, the Faculty of Education is also linked to the educational institutions and other institutions in the area of health care, rehabilitation, social care. These institutions cooperate in the provision of practical training for the students of the Faculty of Education.
The Faculty of Education hosts associations including the employees and the students and external partners More info…
The faculty cooperates closely with the partner organizations in the area of social care, as well as with the industry which includes social work and similar services. The faculty services at home and abroad are the following:
- IRSSV – External evaluation of public social care programmes; contact: assist. prof. dr. Liljana Rihter ().
- Research in the framework of the SRA; contact: assoc. prof. dr. Vesna Leskošek ().
- Career services –career centre; contact: Ivanka Stritar ().
- Project work with students, cooperation in diploma and master theses, doctoral dissertations, and other assignments, hosting guests from industry, business cases and other forms of inclusion of business practice in educational process; contacts: I. cycle: assist. prof. dr. Bojana Mesec (), II. and III. cycle: assist. prof. dr. Mojca Urek ().
The faculty offers research and counselling in social sciences, economic-financial, administrative-legal, and informational-organizational phenomena, processes and practices. The goals fo the scientific research, development, counselling, and education are:
- development of administration science and profession,
- transfer of scientific achievements and knowledge in practice and in education,
- development of the faculty as one of the most important institutions in this area in Slovenia,
- development of individual research potentials,
- creation of additional financial sources,
- connecting theory of administrative science with practical implementation and contribution to life-long learning of public employees after graduation,
- inclusion of students in independent research.
The faculty is the organizer and co-organizer of many scientific meetings, seminars, and conferences. The faculty researchers participate in meetings all over the world. The faculty cooperates with partners from economy and service sector at home and abroad, and offers services in the following areas:
- ; contact: Irena Žužek ().
- Research and counselling in the framework of 3 research institutes and the umbrella Research centre of the Faculty of Administration; contact: Miha Lebič, mag. ().
- Free of charge education courses for library users: information literacy, virtual llibrary of Slovenia, Digital library of the University of Ljubljana, tutorship for information sources, tailor-made courses, courses for foreign students; contact: Nataša Svržnjak ().
- Cooperation with economy and service sector in provision of extracurricular activities and in provision of pedagogical-didactical training; contact: Elizabeta Bobnar Najžer ().
- ;contact: Katarina Rihtaršič ().
- Publishing scientific monographs, textbooks for partners; contact: Elizabeta Bobnar Najžer ().
- Organization of international summer school; contact: Marija Sušnik, mag. ().
Faculty of Sport offers a range of activities, research, and services for the economy and for wider society. The faculty cooperates with producers of sports equipment in designing and testing of equipment for competitive sport and recreational sport; the faculty actively cooperates with the Olympic committee of Slovenia, individual sports associations, clubs and individuals and groups in recreational sports. The faculty provides sports diagnostics and counselling and a wide provision of preventive actions. The professors and researchers are engaged in research of the environmental factors (so called engineering) which have an impact on humans, such as physiology, anatomy, psychology, and biomechanics. Movement and health care are very significant in sport activities, having a large impact on individual's success at work and the reduction of costs. The faculty implements organization of larger sports events.
Areas of cooperation with partners:
- Life-long development of human resources in sport: design and implementation of programmes of professional training and improvement of human resources in sports, organization of professional meetings, trainings and exercise of staff in firms and institutions. Target groups: sports organizations, schools, tourist centres, staff in educational institutions, people with special needs, other organizations. Implementation unit: ; contact: assist. prof. dr. Janez Vodičar (, 01 520 78 42).
- Implementation of multidisciplinary research, measurements, and counselling to support development of athletes in high quality and competitive sports (physiology, biodynamic, kinesiology, biomechanics, movement and control, diagnostics of physical and movement development, psychology, sports medical diagnostics and diet).
- Monitoring working capabilities of employees (measurements at working places, diagnostics and diet at work). Target groups Olympic Committee of Slovenia – association of sports organizations, National sports associations, sports clubs and other organizations and individuals in high quality and competitive sports, enterprises and firms. Implementation unit: Sports diagnostic centre; contact: assist. prof. dr. Janez Vodičar (, 01 520 78 42).
- Implementation of professionally guided sports exercise for target groups (exercise for babies, children, expectant mothers, recreational athletes, elderly…). Target groups: individuals, groups, sports organizations, other organizations. Implementation unit: ; contact: assist. prof. dr. Janez Vodičar (, 01 520 78 42).
- Rental of sports facilities (swimming pool, sports facilities, fitness). Target groups: individuals, groups, sports organizations, other organizations. Implementation unit: ; contact: Simon Kozamernik (, 01 520 77 91).
- Project work with students, cooperation in diploma and master theses, doctoral dissertations, and other assignments.Target groups: individuals, groups, sports organizations, other organizations. , contact: assist. prof. dr. Janez Vodičar (, 01 520 78 42).