Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in ARCHITECTURE
Doctoral programme in ARCHITECTURE,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Architecture, Zoisova cesta 12, 1000 Ljubljana.
More information: http://www.fa.uni-lj.si/default.asp?id=2844
- Information on study content: Prof. Tadeja Zupančič, tel. +386 12000 715,
- General information (enrolment procedure and submission of supplemental documents to the application): Katja Knez, tel. +386 12000 774,
Number of enrolment places: 15 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, EU citizens, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme Architecture is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
- a programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation after completion of a professional higher education programme, provided the candidate has completed course units consisting of 30 ECTS credits in the following subjects from the integrated master's programme in Architecture:
- Architectural Theory and Critique,
- Introduction to Research in Architecture and Urbanism,
- Theory of Physical and Regional Planning,
- Action Planning and Strategic Assessment,
- Design Concepts,
- Settlement Culture,
- Art History,
- Comprehensive Preservation of Built Heritage,
- Computer Supported Architecture and
- Concepts of Structures.
In accordance with the transitions criteria, enrolment in the doctoral degree programme Architecture is open to candidates who have completed:
- a master of science degree following a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification; on enrolment at least 60 credits will be recognised for such candidates, in accordance with the law,
- a previous specialisation following a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification; on enrolment at least 60 credits will be recognised for such candidates, in accordance with the law.
Enrolment in the doctoral programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
Should a resolution on enrolment limitation be adopted (if the number of applying candidates who meet the enrolment criteria exceeds the number of enrolment places), candidates will be selected according to:
performance in a second-cycle study programme (20% weighting) or
in an integrated master’s programme comprising 300 ECTS or in a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification or a study programme leading to a specialisation following completion of a professional higher education programme and additional exams defined in the fourth indent of the admission requirements;
The following criteria will be considered:
- grade-point average (15%) and
- grade of university diploma or master’s thesis (5%);
- performance in the selection exam (80% weighting). The selection exam consists of a written and oral section. The following are assessed:
- written and oral presentation of a Draft Plan of Doctoral Studies prepared in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for the acquisition of the title of “doktor/doktorica znanosti” at the Faculty of Architecture (60%);
- recommendations of distinguished researchers (10%);
- proof of research work undertaken prior to enrolment in the programme (10%).
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
Candidates must apply for the programme by 20 August 2021, 23:59 CEST via the eVŠ web portal.
The date of presenting the doctoral study draft plan will be published on the website of the Faculty of Architecture. Accepted candidates will be notified of further procedures and the enrolment dates via the e-mail they provided in their application or via the eVŠ information system. Enrolment will be completed by 30 September 2021.
The information day will be held on Wednesday, 19 May 2021. The location for taking the test will be published on the Faculty of Architecture website: http://www.fa.uni-lj.si/default.asp?k=news_3