Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION,
offered by the following member faculties of the University of Ljubljana:
- Biotechnical Faculty, Jamnikarjeva ulica 101 Ljubljana
- School of Economics and Business, Kardeljeva ploščad 17, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Kardeljeva ploščad 5 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, Jamova cesta 2, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 19, 1000 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport, Pot pomorščakov 4, Portorož
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Aškerčeva 6 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva cesta 2, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Medicine, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva cesta 12, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Law, Poljanski nasip 2, Ljubljana
- Veterinary Faculty, Gerbičeva ulica 60, 1000 Ljubljana
More information at: https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/environmental-protection/.
University of Ljubljana Office for Doctoral Studies, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia,
Number of enrolment places: 15 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens.
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral programme in Environmental Protection is open to graduates of:
- second-cycle study programmes;
- study programmes leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if they are evaluated at 300 credits (e.g. medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy) or other integrated master's programmes evaluated at 300 credits;
- study programmes leading to a specialisation following completion of a professional higher education programme. The Environmental Protection Programme Council may assign such candidates additional course units consisting of between 30 and 60 credits to be completed before enrolment in the third-cycle study programme;
- study programmes leading to a master of science degree or specialisation after completion of a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification. Study requirements totalling at least 60 credits are recognised for such candidates in a third-cycle doctoral study programme;
- study programmes leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004.
Enrolment in the Environmental Protection doctoral study programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
In the event of there being more applicants for the programme than places available, the selection of candidates for enrolment in the interdisciplinary doctoral programme Environmental Protection will be based on:
- performance in a former academic higher education programme or a second-cycle programme (50%)
(of which 40% for an average grade of 8 or higher in a former academic higher education programme or second-cycle programme, and 10% for a grade of 9 or 10 for the diploma or master's thesis),
- results of the selection exam (50%)
(of which 30% for presentation of the doctoral dissertation, and 20% for certificates of scientific and research work and awards).
In the event of restricted enrolment, candidates with a higher total percentage will be selected.
When selecting candidates for enrolment, the free research capacities of potential mentors will also be considered.
Location: Ljubljana, Portorož
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In accordance with instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply via the eVŠ web portal by 20 August 2021, 23:59 CEST. For foreign, non-EU candidates, the application deadline is 15 June 2021, 23:59 CEST.
Enrolment will be conducted electronically via the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering’s website and will be completed by 30 September 2021 at the latest.
Prior to enrolment, candidates are required to choose a mentor and a co-mentor, who must meet the criteria set out by the University of Ljubljana as regards (co-)mentorship in doctoral studies, and submit, upon enrolment at the latest, the mentor’s and co-mentor’s written consent. Candidates are also required to submit their brief concept of research work and must do so by enrolment at the latest.
The selection procedure will be done by the Programme Council Environmental Protection on its session scheduled for 7 September 2021. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by e-mail or via the eVŠ system after the session of the Programme Council.
All other enrolment-related information will be published on the website of the Environmental Protection study programme:https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/environmental-protection/application/call-ep.