Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in KINESIOLOGY
Doctoral programme in KINESIOLOGY,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Sport, Gortanova 22, 1000 Ljubljana.
More information at: https://www.fsp.uni-lj.si/en/study/doctoral-study-3rd-level/kinesiology/
Number of enrolment places:12, 10 of which are intended for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia and of EU Member States, and 2 for Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens. Should vacancies for foreign students remain unfilled, candidates who are citizens of the Republic of Slovenia or EU Member States may be accepted for them.
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme is open to:
- Graduates of a second-cycle study programme at the Faculty of Sport.
- Graduates of another second-cycle study programme, provided the candidate has passed a special test of knowledge. The content and scope of the test as determined by the Faculty of Sport’s Postgraduate Study Committee depend on the type of the candidate’s prior academic higher education programme and on the expert field of the doctoral study. As part of the test of knowledge candidates must attain at least 20 credits in a second-cycle programme at the Faculty of Sport. Candidates who select a natural sciences field in the Kinesiology doctoral programme must attain 20 credits in a second-cycle programme at the Faculty of Sport, from one of the following fields: sports training, physiology, methodology in sport and biomechanics of sport. Candidates who select a social sciences field in the Kinesiology doctoral programme must attain 20 credits in a second-cycle programme at the Faculty of Sport, from one of the following fields: sports psychology, sports sociology, methodology in sport and sports education didactics.
- Graduates of study programmes leading to a master of science degree after completion of academic higher education in kinesiology. Completed course units totalling 60 credits are recognised for such candidates.
- Graduates of a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification for a physical education instructor, adopted before 11 June 2004.
- Graduates of a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits.
- Enrolment in the doctoral programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
- Candidates will be selected based on their success in undergraduate studies, as well as their scientific and expert achievements. Individual elements of selection will be evaluated in the following manner:
The average grade in an undergraduate programme (excluding the diploma)
grade x 10
Diploma thesis and defence graded 8 or higher
(grade – 8) x 3
A research article scored according to the criteria of the UL Habilitation Commission
no. of points x 2
Prešeren Award bestowed by the University of Ljubljana
Prešeren Award bestowed by the faculty (if the same paper is submitted as a diploma thesis, only half of the points will be taken into account)
Other higher education programme diploma thesis
Professional postgraduate course attested by a valid certificate (a one-month course for a maximum of 10 credits, and a one-semester course for a maximum of 30 credits)
No. of credits divided by 10
In the event of restricted enrolment, candidates with a higher total score will be selected.
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
- Candidates must apply for the programme and submit their application for enrolment in the doctoral programme and all required evidence electronically via the eVŠ information system by no later than, and including, 1 September 2021. Enrolment will be completed by 30 September 2021.
- The information day for enrolment in the doctoral study programme in Kinesiology will take place on 12 April 2021 at 2 pm at the Faculty of Sport, Gortanova 22, Ljubljana, in the conference room of the Institute of Sport.