Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Doctoral programme in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Aškerčeva 6, 1000 Ljubljana.
- Energetical, Process and Environmental Engineering Sciences
- Machine Design and Mechanics Engineering Science
- Production Engineering Sciences, Cybernetics and Mechatronics
More information at: tel. +386 1 4771 169, by e-mail at or on the website https://www.fs.uni-lj.si/en/, https://www.fs.uni-lj.si/en/educational_process/third_degree/doctoral_programme_in_mechanical_engineering/program_information/
Number of enrolment places: 50 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the third-cycle doctoral study programme in Mechanical Engineering is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation in a natural science/engineering field, if they have previously completed a professional higher education programme. In order to balance the knowledge base of candidates before enrolment in the doctoral programme, the Doctoral Studies Committee at the University of Ljubljana’s Faculty of Mechanical Engineering will set additional course units consisting of 30 ECTS credits, depending on the intended field of doctoral study;
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree. Study requirements totalling 60 ECTS credits are recognised for such candidates in a doctoral study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits.
Enrolment in the doctoral programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
In the event of there being more applicants for the programme than places available, the selection of candidates for enrolment in the doctoral study programme will be based on their success in previous studies, success in the written selection exam and any achievements in the scientific and expert field, in the following proportions:
- grade-point average (15%),
- diploma or master’s thesis grade (5%) and
- results of the written selection exam (80%).
Location: The studies will take place at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Ljubljana.
Mode of study: full-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In accordance with the instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply via the eVŠ web portal by 1 September 2021, 23:59 CEST. Candidates must submit all required attachments and evidence by the end of the application deadline electronically via the eVŠ information system.
Enrolment will be conducted electronically and will be completed by 30 September 2021 at the latest.
Candidates who would like to enrol in the doctoral study programme after having completed a specialist study programme, in which they enrolled after completing a professional higher education programme, should note that they must complete additional requirements in the scope of 30 ECTS credits before enrolling in the programme.