Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in THEOLOGY (second application deadline from 13 to 17 September 2021)
Doctoral programme in THEOLOGY,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Theology, Poljanska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, covering the following fields of study:
- Marital and Family Therapy
More information at: +386 1 4345 836, https://www.teof.uni-lj.si/for-students/office-of-doctoral-studies-and-research-activities
Number of enrolment places: 20 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and non-EU foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the study programme is open to candidates who have completed:
- a 2nd-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation following a completed professional higher education programme. Prior to enrolment, these candidates must complete study requirements in the scope of 33 ECTS credits for the second-cycle study programme in Theology, or study requirements in the scope of 30 ECTS credits for the second-cycle study programme in Marital and Family Therapy. Study requirements in Theology comprise the following courses: People Working in the Field of Worship, Laypeople in Church, The Sacraments and Mission of Christian Living, The Hope Dimension of Being, Wisdom Literature, The Old Testament in the New Testament, "Hot" Topics from Church History, Anthropology with Ethics, Moral Theology with the Social Lessons of the Church. Study requirements in Marital and Family Therapy cover the following courses: Mental Health and Psychopathology of Individuals and Family, Basics of Research Methods in Marital and Family Studies, Research of Interventions and Phenomena in Marriage and Family, Seminar of Scientific Work for Graduates, Family and Marriage System (module);
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree or specialisation after completion of a study programme for obtaining an academic higher education qualification. Completed study requirements totalling a minimum of 60 ECTS credits are recognised for candidates in a doctoral study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits.
Upon applying to the Call, enrolment candidates must enclose the written consent of the mentor.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
If a decision is made to limit enrolment, candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- grade point average of completed study (45%);
- grade of university diploma or master’s thesis (5%);
- results of the selection exam (50%).
Candidates can substitute up to 50% of the selection exam grade with a grade from prior scientific and professional work in the field of the study programme.
Mode of study: full-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In accordance with the instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply via the eVŠ application by 27 August 2021, 23:59 CEST.
In the case of available enrolment places, a second application deadline from 13 September 2021 to 17 September 2021, 23:59 CEST, will be open.
Enrolment will be completed by 30 September 2021 at the latest.