Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in TRANSPORT AND MARITIME SCIENCES
Doctoral programme in MARITIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport, Pot pomorščakov 4, 6320 Portorož, covering the following fields of study:
- Maritime Studies
More information at: https://www.fpp.uni-lj.si/en/study/third-cycle/maritime-and-transport-science/
Number of enrolment places: 5 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme Maritime Studies and Transport is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme in any subject or field;
- an integrated master's programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if it is evaluated at 300 ECTS credits, or another integrated master's programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
- a programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation, after completing a professional higher education programme in the field of maritime studies/transport/traffic/transport logistics or a natural science, engineering or social science field. Additional course units totalling 30 to 60 ECTS credits are set for such candidates before enrolment in the doctoral programme by the Doctoral Studies Committee at the Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport;
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree or specialisation, after completing academic higher education programme in the field of maritime studies/transport/traffic/transport logistics or a natural science, engineering or economics field. Course units totalling 60 ECTS credits are recognised for candidates.
Enrolment in the Transport and Maritime Sciences doctoral study programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country is established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education, in accordance with the regulations that apply to the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
The selection of candidates will be based on success in second-cycle studies (grade point average, master’s thesis grade), success in the selection exam determined by the study programme, and achievements in the scientific and professional field.
Candidates will be selected based on:
- grade point average (15%),
- grade of diploma or master’s thesis (5%) and
- success in the selection exam (80%), which comprises a written exam in the field of maritime studies and transport.
Candidates can substitute 40% of the written exam grade with a grade from prior scientific and professional work in the field of the study programme.
The main criteria for scientific work are published items such as:
- scholarly monograph
- independent scholarly composition within a monograph
- original scholarly articles in journals with an impact factor (JCR) or in journals indexed in SCI, SSCI or A HCI databases.
The main criteria for professional work are as follows:
- professional monograph
- independent professional composition within a monograph
- published professional papers from conferences
- professional papers
- editorship of monograph or journal
- other forms of documented professional activity.
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
Candidates must apply for the programme via the eVŠ system.
The information day will be held on 4 June 2021 at 5 pm in lecture hall 205 at the main Faculty building in Portorož. All information and instructions are available at the website https://www.fpp.uni-lj.si/en. Candidates seeking further information can write to .
First application deadline
Candidates must complete and submit by 19 August 2021, 23:59 CEST, their application for enrolment in the doctoral programme and all required evidence electronically via the eVŠ web portal.
Accepted candidates are expected to be notified of further procedures and the enrolment dates by 24 August 2021 via the e-mail they provided in their application or via the eVŠ web portal, and will be able to complete enrolment by 31 August 2021 at the latest.
Second application deadline
Depending on the number of candidates enrolled by the first application deadline, a second application deadline may be opened. Candidates must apply for the programme via the eVŠ information system between 6 September 2021 and 9 September 2021. Candidates should complete and submit by 9 September 2021, 23:59 CEST, their application for enrolment in the doctoral programme and all required evidence electronically via the eVŠ web portal.
Accepted candidates are expected to be notified of further procedures and the enrolment dates by 14 September 2021 via the e-mail they provided in their application or via the eVŠ web portal, and will be able to complete enrolment by 24 September 2021 at the latest.