Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2022/2023 academic year
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING - second application deadline: 21 - 22 September 2022
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva cesta 12, 1000 Ljubljana, in cooperation with the following member faculties of the University of Ljubljana:
- Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 19, 1000 Ljubljana.
- Mining and Geotechnology
More information at:
Number of enrolment places: 15 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study on materials is open to candidates who have completed:
• a second-cycle study programme (Bologna master's programme);
• an integrated master's programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if they are evaluated at 300 ECTS credits, or another integrated master's programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
• a former study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification;
• a study programme leading to a specialisation, if candidates have previously completed a professional higher education programme; in this case for enrolment in the third-cycle programme they will be assigned additional course units totalling 30 to 60 ECTS credits;
• a former study programme leading to a master of science degree or a specialisation following the completion of a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification. Course units totalling at least 60 ECTS credits are recognised for such candidates in the third-cycle doctoral study programme.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
In the event of a larger number of candidates, the selection process will be based on:
- grade point average or academic success so far (60%)
- any scientific/research and professional publications, awards, and relevant practical experience (40%).
Candidates with the highest score will be selected.
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In accordance with the instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply on the eVŠ web forum.
The first enrolment deadline is 1 September 2022, 23:59 CEST.
In the event of available enrolment places, the second enrolment deadline will be open from 21 to 22 September 2022, 23:59 CEST. Information about the second deadline will be published on the Faculty website.
All information and instructions are available at the Faculty’s website.