- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
- ACADEMY OF MUSIC
- ACADEMY OF THEATRE, RADIO, FILM AND TELEVISION
- BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY
- FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- FACULTY OF CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF CIVIL AND GEODETIC ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF MARTIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT
- FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
- FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- FACULTY OF SPORT
- FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
- VETERINARY FACULTY
Publish Date: 04.12.2015
Category: News from the University
Today, the Chancellor of the University of Ljubljana Prof. Dr. Ivan Svetlik conferred the Student Awards for Outstanding Achievements and Undertaking in the Field of Extra-Curriculum Activities. The awards were received by those students who exceed the requirements and expectations arising from their study programs. The nominated students received the awards for activities in fields including tutoring, organization of resounding events, extra-curricular activities and charity days, as well as for excellent placings in international competitions.
"The most inquisitive acquire additional knowledge, the most impatient wish to test acquired knowledge in practice, the most socially sensitive want to do something good for their colleagues and for the community during their education," said the Chancellor of the University Prof. Dr. Ivan Svetlik on the ceremonial occasion while stressing that the activities aimed at professional development and personal growth of the student do not end with the study program.
The keynote speaker at the event Matej Markovič, who in addition to his regular work is a great humanitarian and extreme athlete, is fully convinced that anyone who decides to try his best to change something is already a winner. He says there is little room for the best; "...all of us dream, yet not all of us succeed in breathing life into our dreams." He maintains, "If you could reach your goal without efforts, sacrifices and obstacles, it would certainly lose its value and at the same time not provide you with the impetus and strength needed to tackle your next objective." For Matej Markovič it is even more important that our paths not be straight. "May your journey be a pleasant cruise involving those you hold dearest, friends, and all that enriches you and makes your lives varied, colourful and interesting," he wished the recipients of this year's awards.
You can read the speech by keynote speaker Mr. Matej Markovič here: Mr. Matej Markovič.
The recipients of the Student Award for Outstanding Achievements and Undertaking in the Field of Extra-Curriculum Activities of the University of Ljubljana for 2015:
- Miha Rajh from the Biotechnical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana for carrying out two Start-up weekend events titled "More than WOOD" and "More than FOOD".
- Darija Aleksić from the Faculty of Economics of the University of Ljubljana for activities in the field of tutorship at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Ljubljana
- The students of robotics at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of Ljubljana for the organization of the event "Days of Industrial Robotics (DIR)"
- Eva Shannon Schiffrer and Danaja Rode from the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Ljubljana for work in the Student Section of the Slovenian Pharmaceutical Society and the Society of Slovenian Pharmacy Students
- The Student Council of the Faculty of Computer and Information Science of the University of Ljubljana for the organization of extra-curricular activities and charity days, with which they encourage solidarity and searching for solutions for people in social distress
- The team of students of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Ljubljana for victory in the international competition design/build/fly in the US
- The Association of Students of Andragogy and Pedagogy from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana for the organization of various extra-curricular activities which contribute to the quality of study
- Boštjan Bratuša from the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering of the University of Ljubljana for assistance in carrying out the Bled Strategic Forum 2014, faculty promotion through the project 3KOT and integration of Slovenian industry with the students of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering of the University of Ljubljana.
- Female and male competitive rowing teams from the Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport of the University of Ljubljana for successes at international competitions and the organization of eleven regattas.
Photos by Željko Stevanić, IFP, d.o.o.
The awards were received by those students who exceed the requirements and expectations arising from their study programs.
The Chancellor of the University of Ljubljana Prof. Dr. Ivan Svetlik and keynote speaker Matej Markovič