- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS AND DESIGN
- ACADEMY OF MUSIC
- ACADEMY OF THEATRE, RADIO, FILM AND TELEVISION
- BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY
- FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
- FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- FACULTY OF CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- FACULTY OF CIVIL AND GEODETIC ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF LAW
- FACULTY OF MARTIME STUDIES AND TRANSPORT
- FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
- FACULTY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- FACULTY OF SPORT
- FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
- VETERINARY FACULTY
Publish Date: 24.02.2017
Category: News from the University
Between 16 and 19 February, a team from the Faculty of Law of the University of Ljubljana participated in one of the four regional finals of the prestigious international student competition – European Law Moot Court Competition (ELMC) in Naples. This year's main topic of the simulated preliminary ruling proceedings before the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) focused on the measures taken by the European Central Bank and the jurisdiction of Luxembourg and national courts to assess these measures.
The team of students under the mentorship of Prof. Dr. Ana Vlahek and last year's winners of ELMC Mirjam Homar, Lara Matan and Urša Ušeničnik included Ana Bonča, Hana Šerbec, Anja Škof and Jakob Cerovšek. The team qualified to the regional finals on the basis of memoranda submitted in November. In Naples, the team advanced to the semi-finals (along Stockholm University, University of Latvia and NOVA University of Lisbon) with exceptional performances in English and French, where they placed 3rd and thus became one of the top 12 teams in the world at ELMC 2016/17. The regional final in Naples also saw participants from Columbia University, Boston College Law School, King's College London, Université Paris II Panthéon Assas (Sorbonne), University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, Université libre de Bruxelles and University of Belgrade.
In addition to the team success, Jakob Cerovšek was awarded the ELMC Best Speaker Ole Due Award for obtaining the highest average individual score in the oral rounds.
Photos by Mirjam Homar.