Call for enrolment is published on the UL web page in February for next academic year. Applicants for admission to the programme can apply according to the instructions in call for enrolment. Candidates will receive information regarding the success of their application in September. Enrolment at the doctoral programme in Biomedicine takes place at the providing faculties in September. Enrolment and all other procedures required to obtain the scientific title are carried out by providing faculties coordinating the relevant scientific field. Enrolment in the scientific fields of biochemistry and molecular biology, clinical medicine, basic medicine, neuroscienece and public health is held at the Faculty of Medicine, enrolment in the scientific fields of pharmacy, clinical biochemistry and laboratory biomedicine and toxicology is held at the Faculty of Pharmacy, enrolment in the scientific field of genetics is held at the Biotechnical Faculty, enrolment in the scientific field of veterinary medicine is held at the Veterinary Faculty and enrolment in the scientific field of microbiology is held at the Faculty of Medicine or the Biotechnical Faculty.
Upon enrolment in each individual year of the doctoral study programme, the candidate and the University of Ljubljana sign a contract on education.
Application Deadline: 14 August 2020 (for foreign, non-EU candidates, the original deadline 31. 5. 2020 - extended to 9. 6. 2020)
Candidates submit their enrolment applications online via the eVŠ web portal at https://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?lang=en
For assistance with filling out the application.
Phone: 00386 1 478 85 90 (from 9 AM until 4 PM CET)
Candidates submit their enrolment applications with username and password
The completed enrolment application must be submitted by the application deadline 14 August 2020 (for foreign, non-EU candidates, the original deadline 31. 5. 2020 - extended to 9. 6. 2020) at the latest. Candidates must send the requiered attachments to University of Ljubljana, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (reference »for BIOMEDICINE«) or to the e-mail address by the required deadline. In case of sending by e-mail please write "Biomedicine - application" in the subject and send all supplemental documents in one joint file.
1. Diploma - Certified copy of the Diploma in evidence of completed education.
2. Diploma supplement or Transcripts of records - Certified copy of the diploma supplement or Copies of official transcripts of records.
3. Decision on recognition of foreign education - Candidates with foreign degree qualifications undergo a procedure for the recognition of foreign higher education qualifications upon applying for studies.
4. Consent of the mentor - Prior to enrolment, candidates are required to choose a mentor and submit upon enrolment at the latest the mentor’s written acceptance of mentorship. The list of potential mentors is published here.
5. A brief concept of research work (Prior to enrolment, candidate on max two A4 pages shortly presents the research problem that is intended for further research.)
6. List of appendices (form) - to be completed and sent along with the application documentation.
7. Candidates who do not have a Slovenian personal registration number (EMŠO) must also submit a copy of an identity document (citizens of EU member states can submit a copy of their identity card or passport; non-EU citizens must submit a copy of their passport).
In case the application documentation is incomplete, candidates will be contacted via the e-mail address stated in the application.
1. Bibliography - Bibliography or copies of scientific articles or other documents as evidence of (co)authorship in revised journals
2. Award(s) and/or decorations - Evidence of award(s) and/or decorations during study
3. Presentation(s) at conferences - Evidence of the presentation(s) at conference(s)
4. Professional specialization - Copy of the document(s) in evidence of professional specialization
5. Other relevant achievements - Copy of document(s) of other relevant achievement(s)
GRADING SYSTEM for selection in the event of restricted enrolment at the Call for Enrolment in the doctoral study programme Biomedicine for the 2020/2021 academic year. LANGUAGE of implementation of the study process is adapted in case of students who do not understand Slovenian.
CO-FUNDING OF DOCTORAL STUDIES
For the purpose of checking if the candidates fulfill the conditions for co-funding of doctoral studies, they must also include final certificates of ALL completed study programmes in their application documentation (certificates from the 1st and 2nd point of required evidence to be sent by post).
21. 5. 2020, 15:00, Biotechnical Faculty,Link to live stream: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/704366885
13. 5. 2020, 15:00, Veterinary Faculty, Link to live stream: https://zoom.us/j/96991857218
21. 5. 2020, 15:00, Faculty of Medicine, Link to live stream: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89153267726
12. 6. 2020, 10.00, Faculty of Pharmacy, Link to live stream
For admission to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine, graduates of the following programmes can apply:
Candidates with foreign qualifications are required to apply for recognition of their entry qualifications. The procedure starts with the candidate’s application for study in the Republic of Slovenia, which is submitted in electronic form on the eVŠ portal. The procedure is run by the authorised person at the University Member (academy or faculty).
The selection of candidates is an issue when the number of candidates significantly exceeds the number of places offered. Selection will be primarily based on the candidate's level of achievement in previous studies.
The main criteria for selection are based upon:
Rating is determined by Programme Council.
Knowledge and skills acquired through formal and informal learning, and experience before entry will be recognised and evaluated by the Programme Council in accordance with criteria for the accreditation of study programmes.
In recognising respective knowledge and skills, the following are considered:
The tuition fee is paid individually for each study year or for each year that the student enrols in.
The tuition fees are published in the price list adopted by the UL Board: https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/tuition-fees.
For information about scholarship opportunities, please visit https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/funding, https://www.uni-lj.si/study/information/scholarships/ and http://www.sklad-kadri.si/.