Rules and forms
Organization of the programme
The interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine adheres to principles of Rules and Regulations on Doctoral Studies dealing with its mode and implementation as follows:
- University of Ljubljana publishes the call for enrolment into the Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine. Call for enrolment has to adhere to the Statute of the University of Ljubljana and includes guidelines for sicentific fields selection as well as information on available number of study places.
- The applications are collected at University of Ljubljana and submitted to the Programme Council.
- Students are obliged to find a mentor from chosen scientific field and togather they select courses and specify reasrch programme. The selection of coureses is signed by mentor and scientific field coordinator.
- Upon enrolment in the each year of study candidate and the University of Ljubljana sign a contract that regulates all details of the study.
- The enrolment and all procedures necessary to obtain the doctoral degree are in the domain of the faculty that coordinates scientific field.
- Each coordinating faculty takes up the whole responsibility for organisation and implementation of the courses of coordineted scientific fields:
1..Propose members of Programme Council to the Senate of the University of Ljubljana,
2. Names sicenitific fields coordinators,
3. Keeps records of study proces and students,
4. Organise and take care of implementation of the courses of coordineted scientific fields (lecturers, schedules, lecture rooms, informing),
5. In colaboration with mentors organise elective courses from other faculties,
6. Reports to the Programme Council
- Registration of topic as well as evaluation of each doctoral thesis are in the domain of the faculty senate responsible for a given study scientific field. The Senate of the University of Ljubljana has to consent to the doctoral dissertation topic and the proposed mentor(s).
- University of Ljubljana awards the doctoral diploma to the candidate upon fulfillment of all study requirements.
- Description of regulatory bodies and decision-making process:
Programme Council’s responsibilities are published here.
Field co-ordinators responsibilities are published here.