The call for enrolment is published on the UL web page in February for the next academic year. Applicants for admission to the programme can apply according to the instructions in the call for enrolment.
Enrolment will take place in September at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 21, Ljubljana; the dates of enrolment will published additionally.
Upon enrolment to an individual year of doctoral studies, the candidate and the University of Ljubljana sign the contract on education.
Application Deadline: 21 August 2020 (for foreign, non-EU candidates, the original deadline 31 May 2020 - extended to 9 June 2020)
Second application deadline: from 7. 9. until 16. 9. 2020 (for Slovenian and EU citizens)
Candidates submit their enrolment applications online via the eVŠ web portal at http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en
For assistance with filling out the application.
Phone: 00386 1 478 85 90 (from 9 AM until 4 PM CET)
Candidates submit their enrolment applications with username and password.
The completed enrolment application must be submitted by the application deadline 21 August 2020 (for foreign, non-EU candidates, the original deadline 31 May 2020 - extended to 9 June 2020) at the latest. Candidates must send the requiered attachments to University of Ljubljana, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (reference »for STATISTICS«) or to the e-mail address by the required deadline. In case of sending by e-mail please write "Statistics - application" in the subject and send all supplemental documents in one joint file.
1. Diploma - Copy of the Diploma in evidence of completed education.
2. Diploma supplement or Transcripts of records - Copy of the diploma supplement or Copies of official transcripts of records.
3. Decision on recognition of foreign education - Candidates with foreign degree qualifications undergo a procedure for recognition of foreign higher education qualifications upon applying for studies.
4. Consent of the mentor - Prior to enrolment, candidates are required to choose a mentor and submit upon enrolment at the latest the mentor’s written acceptance of mentorship. The list of potential mentors is publishedhere.
5. A brief concept of research work (Prior to enrolment, candidate on max two A4 pages shortly presents the research problem that is intended to further research.)
6. Candidates who do not have a Slovenian personal registration number (EMŠO) must also submit a copy of an identity document (citizens of EU member states can submit a copy of their identity card or passport; non-EU citizens must submit a copy of their passport).
In case the application documentation is incomplete, candidates will be contacted via the e-mail address stated in the application.
1. Achievements (documents proving achievements on relevant scientific and/or professional fields)
2. Consent of the co-mentor: Co-mentor's written acceptance of co-mentorship.
CO-FUNDING OF DOCTORAL STUDIES
For the purpose of checking if the candidates fulfill the conditions for co-funding of doctoral studies, they must also include final certificates of ALL completed study programmes in their application documentation (certificates from the 1st and 2nd point of required evidence to be sent by post).
11. 3. 2020, 17:00, lecture hall MBA (P-119), Faculty of Economics, Kardeljeva ploščad 17, Ljubljana
21. 5. 2020, 15:00, Biotechnical Faculty,Link to live stream: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/704366885
6. 5. 2020, 16:00, lecture hall 21, Faculty of Social Sciences, Kardeljeva ploščad 5, Ljubljana - videoconference
20. 5. 2020, 15:00, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Link to live stream: https://efeplusmm.fe.uni-lj.si/asset/bHuyDHcs6JyzJ37LN Registration: https://efeplusmm.fe.uni-lj.si/asset/qJPzTjLS9wpAKRDKJ
21. 5. 2020, 15:00, Faculty of Medicine, Link to live stream: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89153267726
27. 5. 2020, 16:00, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Link to live stream: https://zoom.us/j/97008789474?pwd=YjNvU1VQcFE2Q0grMk5JRTZKSmJ6Zz09
1. 6. 2020, 16:00, Faculty of Arts, for the link to live stram contact until 14:00
Candidates for the Interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme in Statistics are graduates of the following programmes:
Candidates with foreign qualifications are required to apply for recognition of their entry qualifications. Request for recognition of foregin qualifications should be submited to the University of Ljubljana, Kongresni trg 12, Ljubljana, Slovenija. The procedure must be finished prior to the enrollment. More information about the procedure you can find at https://www.uni-lj.si/study/information/enrolment-recognition/
The selection of candidates is particularly at issue when the number of candidates significantly exceeds the number of places offered. Selection will be primarily based on the candidate's level of achievement in previous studies.
Knowledge and skills obtained through formal and informal learning and experience obtained before enrolment to the programme will be taken into consideration when making a selection for the limited number of places. The knowledge and skills of candidates obtained before entry will be recognized by the Programme Council in accordance with the Rules of the University of Ljubljana on procedures and measures on recognising informally obtained knowledge and skills, and on the basis of written application of the candidates.
The tuition fee is paid individually for each academic year or for each year that the student enrols in.
The tuition fees are published in the price list adopted by the UL Governing Board: https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/tuition-fees.
For information about scholarship opportunities, please visit https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/funding, https://www.uni-lj.si/study/information/scholarships/ and http://www.sklad-kadri.si/.