Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE (second application deadline 31 August 2021)
Doctoral programme in COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Computer and Information Science,
Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana, tel. +386 1 4798 123.
More information at: https://fri.uni-lj.si/en/study-programme/computer-and-information-science-1
Official length of programme: 4 years
Number of enrolment places: 20 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme is open to candidates who have completed:
- a 2nd-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a professional higher education programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 and a study programme to obtain a specialised qualification. Before enrolment, these candidates must complete course units consisting of a maximum of 60 ECTS credits in the second-cycle programme in Computer and Information Science. The study requirements (selection of courses) are determined for such candidates by the Faculty’s study committee, which takes into account the candidate’s field of education (type of programme the candidate has completed);
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree. Candidates will have study requirements in the amount of 60 ECTS credits recognised.
Students from abroad applying for the doctoral programme are subject to the same conditions as Slovenian citizens, provided they have completed an equivalent education abroad. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
Any restrictions on enrolment in the doctoral programme will be decided on by the Senate, on the proposal of the Vice-Dean for Research. The selection of candidates will be based on the grade point average (50%) and the diploma or master’s thesis grade (50%).
Location: Faculty of Computer and Information Science main building in Ljubljana
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
The first enrolment deadline is Tuesday 1 June 2021, 23:59 CEST. In line with the joint part of the Call, candidates must complete and submit the digital application form via the eVŠ web portal (https://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?lang=en) by this deadline. They must submit all required attachments and evidence of meeting the conditions for enrolment: These include also the consent of the mentor and the brief concept of research work.
An information day will take place on Wednesday 7 April 2021 at 4 pm at the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Večna pot 113, Ljubljana.
The deadline for submitting the evidence of completion of previous studies is 15 September 2021, 23:59 CEST, via the eVŠ web portal.
Accepted candidates will be notified of further procedures and the enrolment dates via the e-mail they provided in their application or via the eVŠ web portal.
The completed enrolment form, signed by the candidate and mentor, must be sent to the Doctoral Studies Office by Friday 24 September 2021. Enrolment will be conducted electronically and will be completed by 30 September 2021.