Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2021/2022 academic year
Doctoral programme in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (second application deadline from 9 utnil 17 September 2021)
Doctoral programme in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Tržaška cesta 25, 1000 Ljubljana.
Number of enrolment places: 50 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme in Electrical Engineering is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 credits;
- a programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree; course units consisting of 60 credits are recognised for candidates;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation and a previously completed academic higher education programme as adopted before 11 June 2004; course units consisting of 60 credits are recognised for candidates;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation and a previously completed professional higher education programme as adopted before 11 June 2004, provided the candidate has completed additional course units consisting of 36 credits as determined for candidates by the competent committee of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering for first-year second-cycle subjects in Electrical Engineering: four mandatory technical subjects, depending on the specific course, and two elective technical subjects;
- equivalent programme provided by another university. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
The process of candidate selection will take into account success in a second-cycle programme in the following way:
- Grade point average in second-cycle studies, excluding the grade for the master’s thesis and defence thereof, or grade point average of academic university study programmes adopted before 11 June 2004, excluding the grade for the diploma thesis and defence thereof. Grade x 7.
- Master’s thesis and defence grade, or diploma thesis and defence grade for an academic university study programme adopted before 11 June 2004. Grade x 3.
In the event of restricted enrolment, candidates with a higher score will be selected.
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
Candidates must apply for the programme by 19 August 2021, 23:59 CEST, via the eVŠ web portal.
The information day will held be on 26 May 2021. All information and instructions are available at the website http://www.fe.uni-lj.si/en/. Candidates seeking further information can write to email@example.com.