Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2022/2023 academic year
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in the BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in the BUILT ENVIRONMENT,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering, Jamova cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana and the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva cesta 12, 1000 Ljubljana, covering the following scientific fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Spatial Planning and Land Management
More information at:
- Tel: +386 1 4768 532
- on the website: https://www.en.fgg.uni-lj.si/study/3rd-cycle-study-programmes/built-environment-phd/
Number of enrolment places: 30 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens.
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral programme in the Built Environment is open to graduates of:
- Second-cycle study programmes.
- Study programmes leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if they are evaluated at 300 credits, or other integrated master's degree programmes evaluated at 300 credits.
- A former study programme leading to a specialisation following completion of a professional higher education programme. Before enrolling in the third-cycle doctoral programme, such candidates will be set additional course units consisting of up to 60 credits by the Doctoral Studies Committee for Built Environment.
- Former study programmes leading to a master of science degree or specialisation after completion of a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification. Study requirements totalling at least 60 credits are recognised for such candidates in a third-cycle doctoral study programme.
- Former study programmes leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004.
Enrolment in the Built Environment doctoral study programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
In the event of restricted enrolment, candidates will be selected based on:
- grade point average (15%),
- grade of undergraduate diploma or master’s thesis (5%) and
- performance in the selection exam (80%), which comprises a written exam in the field of natural sciences and engineering.
Candidates can substitute 40% of the written exam grade with a grade from prior scientific and professional work in the field of the study programme.
The main criteria for scientific work are published items such as:
- scholarly monograph
- independent scholarly composition within a monograph
- original scholarly articles in journals with an impact factor (JCR) or in journals indexed in SCI, SSCI or A&HCI databases.
The main criteria for professional work are as follows:
- professional monograph or review work
- independent professional composition within a monograph
- published professional papers from conferences
- professional articles and/or reviewing of such articles
- editorship of monograph or journal
- other forms of documented professional activity
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
An information day will be held at the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering on 8 June 2022.
Candidates must apply for the programme by 26 August 2021, 23:59 CEST, on the web portal eVŠ. In the event of places still being available the second application deadline will be from 5 September 2022 to 16 September 2022.
Selected candidates shall enrol in the doctoral study programme by 30 September 2022 at the latest at the Office of Student Affairs of the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering upon receiving an invitation from the Faculty.