Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2022/2023 academic year
Doctoral programme in TEACHER EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
Doctoral programme in TEACHER EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Education, Kardeljeva ploščad 16, 1000 Ljubljana, comprising the following study fields:
- In the study option Educational Sciences:
- Educational Policies
- Preschool Education
- Social Education
- Special and Rehabilitation Education
- Supervision, Organisation and Personal Counselling
- In the study option Education of Teachers:
- Teaching Social Sciences and Humanities
- Teaching Mathematics, Computing, Natural Sciences and Technical Studies
- Teaching in the Area of Art
- Teaching Slovene Language and Literature
- Teaching, Learning, and Education
More information: http://www.pef.uni-lj.si/324.html
Number of enrolment places:
- for enrolment in the first year: 25 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
- for enrolment under the criteria for transition to the second year: 2 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme is open to candidates who have completed:
1. A second-cycle study programme.
2. A study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if evaluated at 300 credits, or another integrated master's programme evaluated at 300 credits.
3. A previous study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification (programmes, adopted before the Higher Education Act of 3 September 2004).
4. A previous study programme leading to a specialisation following completion of a professional higher education programme. The faculty may assign such candidates additional requirements of between 30 and 60 credits prior to enrolment in a third-cycle study programme.
5. A previous study programme leading to a master of science degree or specialisation after completion of a study programme for obtaining an academic higher education qualification. Study requirements totalling at least 60 credits are recognised for such candidates in a third-cycle doctoral study programme.
Enrolment in the doctoral programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
The faculty will rule on restricted enrolment if the number of applicants meeting the general admission requirements significantly exceeds the number of available study places. In this case the selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the selection exam and their achievements in the scientific and expert field (personal bibliography; awards; active international participation). Candidates with a higher number of points will be admitted.
Individual elements of selection will be evaluated in the following manner (in cases of co-authorship, proportionately divided points will be considered):
Selection exam (general perspective in research in the field of teacher education and educational sciences); grading in line with the scale applicable at the UL
Grade 6 x 0.5
Grade 7 x 1
Grade 8 x 2
Grade 9 x 3
Grade 10 x 4
Articles published in journals and monographs (or exhibitions, concerts), scored according to the criteria of the UL Habilitation Commission
Points x number of units x 2
The University Prešeren Award, a prominent international prize or recognition in the field of teacher education and/or educational sciences
The Faculty Prešeren Award, the Ferbar Award or other prominent awards or recognitions in the field of teacher education and/or educational sciences
Active participation in international projects (e.g. Erasmus, Comenius)
up to 5 per project
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
Candidates must apply for the programme by 1 September 2021, 23:59 CEST, via the eVŠ web portal.
Information days will take place:
- 16 March 2022 at 5 pm (in Slovenian); - 23 March 2022 at 5 pm (in English); - 4 May 2022 at 5 pm (in Slovenian); - 11 May 2022 at 5 pm (in English); - 15 June 2022 at 5 pm (in Slovenian); - 16 June 2022 at 5 pm (in English).
All information and instructions are available at the website https://www.pef.uni-lj.si/12.html . Candidates seeking further information can write to .
In the event of restricted enrolment, the selection exam will take place on 14 September 2022. The enrolment of selected candidates will be completed by 30 September 2022 at the latest.