VISION AND GENERAL OBJECTIVES In 2020, the University of Ljubljana will be recognized, internationally opened and as an excellent research university, which will creatively contribute to the wider quality of life.
1. The University of Ljubljana will form strategic partnership networks with selected universities.
OBJECTIVE 1: 10-20 strategic partnerships with excellent universities across the world and excellent universities in the region.
2. The University of Ljubljana will increase the number of foreign teachers and researchers who are included in its educational and research programmes by 50 percent.
3. The University of Ljubljana will establish an international network of Slovenian scientists and researchers who work around the world.
OBJECTIVE 3: SMUL – achieve 500 international ambassadors of the University of Ljubljana by 2017.
Objectives until 2020: FIELD OF EDUCATION
4. The University of Ljubljana will expand its offer of educational programmes in foreign languages, especially at master and doctoral level of studies and in the form of summer schools. It will also implement activities related to teaching of the Slovenian language (for international students, lecturers, researchers), as well as encourage the development of Slovenian scientific and professional language.
OBJECTIVE 4: To increase the number of programmes and summer schools in foreign languages by 50 percent by 2017. OBJECTIVE 5: To increase the number of programmes that lead to double or joint degrees by 50 percent.
5. The University of Ljubljana will expand the implementation of its educational programmes abroad, especially in the western Balkans, southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean.
OBJECTIVE 6: To provide 2-3 programmes annually for students in these regions, to increase the number of units and programme offer by a third.
6. The University of Ljubljana will increase its mobility or exchange of students with foreign universities.
OBJECTIVE 7: To increase the exchange of students by a third and to increase the number of international students by a quarter.
7. The University of Ljubljana will give priority to educational and research activities which are part of an international network.
OBJECTIVE 8: To increase the scope of participation in existing networks (UTRECHT, UNICA, The Guild, etc.) and partner institutions.
Objectives until 2020: SCIENCE-RESEARCH FIELD
8. The University of Ljubljana will facilitate the creation of large interdisciplinary research groups. To this end it will create tighter bonds with research institutes and research centers.
OBJECTIVE 9: 2-3 new international interdisciplinary groups annually which are related to participation in networks, European projects or together with partner institutions. OBJECTIVE 10: To double the number of international projects where the University will act as the coordinator as well as the number of ERC projects. OBJECTIVE 11: To increase the number of expert scientific publications by a quarter. OBJECTIVE 12: To increase the acquired funds from international projects by 50 percent.
9. The University of Ljubljana will strengthen its doctoral school.
OBJECTIVE 13: A fifth of doctorate students will be international; a third of the programmes that are a part of the doctoral programmes will be interdisciplinary (and international).
10. The University of Ljubljana will form an active research policy.
OBJECTIVE 14: Active participation of the University of Ljubljana in the preparation of the basis for acquisition of European funds and active participation in the preparation of scientific-research policy in Slovenia and Europe.
11. The University of Ljubljana will form internal financial mechanisms and incentives for research work as well as measures for encouraging and rewarding international interdisciplinary connectivity and connections between the Members.
OBJECTIVE 15: Intensifying activities for achieving the legislative openness for language use and implementation of subjects and programmes, as well as research connections in a foreign language.
12. The University of Ljubljana will establish an international publication house for the dissemination of expert scientific works in domestic and international space, and it will activate the use of Repozitorij.
OBJECTIVE 16: Establishing the publishing house by 2017 and wider use of the Repozitorij.
13. The University of Ljubljana will increase the scope of international patents, inventions, licenses based on principal and applicative research of the University of Ljubljana.
OBJECTIVE 17: To increase the number of international patents /inventions / licenses and the international starts-up of students and researchers of the University of Ljubljana by a fifth.