Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2022/2023 academic year
Doctoral programme in COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE - second application deadline: 20 June 2022 - 31 August 2022
Doctoral programme in COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Computer and Information Science,
Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana, tel. +386 1 4798 123.
More information at: https://fri.uni-lj.si/en/study-programme/computer-and-information-science-1
Official length of programme: 4 years
Number of enrolment places: 20 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme is open to candidates who have completed:
- a 2nd-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a professional higher education programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 and a study programme to obtain a specialised qualification. Before enrolment, these candidates must complete course units consisting of a maximum of 60 ECTS credits in the second-cycle programme in Computer and Information Science. The study requirements (selection of courses) are determined for such candidates by the Faculty’s study committee, which takes into account the candidate’s field of education (type of programme the candidate has completed);
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree. Candidates will have study requirements in the amount of 60 ECTS credits recognised.
Students from abroad applying for the doctoral programme are subject to the same conditions as Slovenian citizens, provided they have completed an equivalent education abroad. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
Any restrictions on enrolment in the doctoral programme will be decided on by the Senate, on the proposal of the Vice-Dean for Research. The selection of candidates will be based on the grade point average (50%) and the diploma or master’s thesis grade (50%).
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
Candidates for enrolment must complete and submit the digital application form including all required attachments and evidence on the eVŠ portal by 1 June 2022, 23:59 CEST. Required evidence includes the consent of the mentor and the brief concept of research work.
An information day will take place on Wednesday 6 April 2022 at 4 pm at the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Večna pot 113, Ljubljana.
The deadline for submitting the evidence of completion of previous studies is 16 September 2022.
Enrolment will be conducted electronically via the information system STUDIS and will be completed by 30 September 2022.