Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2023/2024 academic year
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in STATISTICS
Interdisciplinary doctoral programme in STATISTICS,
offered by the following member faculties of the University of Ljubljana:
- Biotechnical Faculty, Jamnikarjeva ulica 101 Ljubljana
- School of Economics and Business, Kardeljeva ploščad 17, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Kardeljeva ploščad 5 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Tržaška cesta 25 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 19, 1000 Ljubljana
- Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva cesta 2, Ljubljana
- Faculty of Medicine, Vrazov trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana
The programme comprises seven modules:
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Economic and Official Statistics
- Mathematical Statistics
- Business Statistics
- Psychological Statistics
- Technical Statistics
More information at: https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/statistics/
University of Ljubljana Office for Doctoral Studies, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia,
Number of enrolment places: 20 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens.
Official length or programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the interdisciplinary doctoral study programme Statistics is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation following completion of a professional higher education programme. The Programme Council may assign such candidates additional requirements of between 30 and 60 credits prior to enrolment in a third-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, if it is evaluated at 300 credits (e.g. medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy) or another integrated master's programme evaluated at 300 credits;
- a study programme leading to a master of science degree or specialisation after completion of a study programme for obtaining an academic higher education qualification. Study requirements totalling at least 60 credits are recognised for such candidates in a third-cycle doctoral study programme.
Enrolment in the doctoral programme in Statistics is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
In the event of there being more applicants for the programme than places available, the selection of candidates for enrolment in the doctoral programme in Statistics will be based on their success in the former academic higher education programme or second-cycle studies, focusing particularly on:
- grade point average in the former academic higher education programme or second-cycle studies, excluding the diploma or master’s thesis,
- diploma or master’s thesis grade.
In the event of restricted enrolment, candidates with a higher total score will be selected (sum of the grade point average and the diploma or master’s thesis grade).
Mode of study: part-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In line with the instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply via the eVŠ web portal by 18 August 2023, 23:59 CEST.
Enrolment will be conducted electronically via the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics website and will be completed by 30 September 2023 at the latest.
Prior to enrolment, candidates are required to choose a mentor, who must meet the criteria set out by the University of Ljubljana as regards mentorship in doctoral studies, and submit, upon enrolment at the latest, their written consent. Candidates are also required to submit their brief concept of research work and must do so by enrolment at the latest.
The selection procedure will be done by the Programme Council Statistics on its session scheduled for 1 September 2023. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by e-mail or on the eVŠ web portal after the session of the Programme Council.
All other information related to enrolment will be posted on the website of the Statistics study programme https://www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/statistics/.