Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana in the 2023/2024 academic year
Doctoral programme of TEXTILE ENGINEERING, GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION AND TEXTILE DESIGN
Doctoral programme in TEXTILE ENGINEERING, GRAPHICS COMMUNICATION AND TEXTILE DESIGN,
offered by the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Aškerčeva cesta 12, 1000 Ljubljana, covering the following scientific fields:
- Graphic and Interactive Communications
- Textile Design
- Textile Engineering
More information at: https://www.ntf.uni-lj.si/toi/en/study/doctoral-degree/
Number of enrolment places: 10 – in total for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens
Official length of programme: 4 years
Enrolment in the doctoral programme Textile Engineering, Graphic Communication and Textile Design is open to candidates who have completed:
- a 2nd-cycle study programme;
- a study programme leading to professions regulated by EU directives, or another integrated master's degree programme evaluated at 300 ECTS credits;
- a study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004;
- a study programme leading to a Master of Science degree or specialisation after previously completing an academic higher education programme; course units consisting of up to 60 ECTS credits are recognised for such candidates in accordance with the law, based on their application;
- a study programme leading to a specialisation, after completion of a professional higher education programme; for such candidates additional course units consisting of 30 to 60 ECTS credits are set.
Enrolment in the doctoral programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of previously acquired education in a foreign country will be established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of further education in accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana.
Selection criteria in the event of restricted enrolment:
Candidates will be selected based on their success in undergraduate studies, as well as their scientific and expert achievements. Individual elements of selection will be evaluated in the following manner:
- grade point average in previous study (grade x 10 points);
- grade for the diploma thesis and its defence (grade x 3 points);
- a research paper evaluated under the criteria of the Habilitation Commission of the University of Ljubljana – proportional allocation of points is taken into account ((2 to 8 points) x 2 points);
- Prešeren Award bestowed by the University of Ljubljana – proportional allocation of points is taken into account (10 points);
- Prešeren Award bestowed by the Faculty – proportional allocation of points is considered; if the same paper is submitted as a diploma thesis, only half of the envisaged points will be taken into account (6 points).
Mode of study: full-time
Procedures and deadlines for application to the Call and enrolment:
In accordance with the instructions in the joint part of the Call, enrolment candidates must apply on the eVŠ web portal by 1 September 2023, 23:59 CEST.
A second application deadline will be opened in the event of available places, and will run from
21 to 22 September 2023, 23:59 CEST.
The accepted candidates will receive notifications on the necessary procedures and enrolment dates to their e-mail address.