Rules and forms
Organization of the programme
The interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme in Statistics adheres to principles of Rules and Regulations on Doctoral Studies dealing with its mode and implementation as follows:
- University of Ljubljana publishes the call for enrolment into the Doctoral Programme in Statistics. Call for enrolment has to adhere to the Statute of the University of Ljubljana and includes guidelines for module selection as well as information on available number of study places.
- The applications are collected at University of Ljubljana and submitted to the Programme Council.
- Students are obliged to find a mentor, make the decision about the choise of module and courses.
- The enrolment is in the domain of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, under the authority of the Rector of the University of Ljubljana; however, all procedures necessary to obtain the doctoral degree are in the domain of the participating faculties.
- Upon enrolment in the each year of study candidate and the University of Ljubljana sign a contract that regulates all details of the study.
- Each participating faculty takes up the whole responsibility for organisation and implementation of the courses in its domain.
- Registration of topic as well as evaluation of each doctoral thesis are in the domain of the faculty senate responsible for a given study module. The Senate of the University of Ljubljana has to consent to the doctoral dissertation topic and the proposed mentor(s).
- University of Ljubljana awards the doctoral diploma to the candidate upon fulfillment of all study requirements.
- Description of regulatory bodies and decision-making process:
Programme Council’s responsibilities are published at www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/statistics/programmecoucnil-coordinators/programmecoucnil/.
Module co-ordinators responsibilities are published at www.uni-lj.si/study/doctoral/statistics/programmecoucnil-coordinators/coordinators/.